Monday, June 14, 2010

14June2010

The Memphis Iaido club continues to train in Iaido trying to keep the art pure. It seems hard to do when the Federation comes up with statements such as .....Now this is what is new this year.....

When training with my Sensei in Japan, Nagagaki Sensei of Shin Minato Iwakuni, he told me something that I pass on to all my students. That is...NEVER PISS ON A SAMARAI'S GRAVE.... This has a strong meaning... So many Samarai's died perfecting there techniques in battle. Today we do not use swords in battle. What right do we have changing the techniques handed down to us when we do not test them in battle?

In todays world of corrupt governments and psycopaths, the problems are found ,even, in small federations. Favoritism, who you know and ego's determine promotions in todays society.

Power, money and control dictate.... the way. This is totally repulsive.

The problem with our country (SHEEPLE) seems to be the same problem with the federation. I feel sorry for those that follow us. We the sheeple are allowing so much to be lost. We the sheeple are destroying the fabric of what life really is. We feed into the lies, control and manipulative ways. We continue to give them what they want, money and our time. We believe the lies and discard the truths.

I have vented.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

While I was at the AUSKF event, I was surprised to see that many of the people there (most, in fact) that were below shodan were actually very skilled at Iaido. I remeber past events when most of the Iaidoka there did not even know all of seitei, but now it seems that not only do they know all of seitei, the perform the kata exceedingly well, far beyond the rank that they hold. In fact, I could not tell what rank anyone held by watching their Iaido. It seems like the rank that you have is more a factor of your opportunty to test (for those of us from small dojo, we must spend a couple thousand dollars to travel in order to even test for a kyu rank). This creates the unfortunate situation of rank truely meaning nothing.

While at the seminar, we performed Reiho many times. After the test, we were told that all of us performed Reiho terribly, and many people failed because of it. I was told the same thing, in fact, but the details of what exactly I did wrong were forgotten by the time I had a chance to ask. If our Reiho was so bad, why was something not said the first, second, or even the third day? My sensei once told me that there are no bad students, only poor teachers. For a student to fail because of something that could have been easily corrected before hand is pretty disgusting. I failed my Nidan test, but to think of those who failed there godan or rukudan test for the same reason, it becomes really frustrating. My heart goes out to those individuals.

Terribly Wise said...

How terrible is wisdom when it brings no profit to the wise.